EAT< SHARE< GIFT <ENJOY
125g butter or fat of choice
125g sugar or equivalent sweetner of choice
125g greek currants
1/2 tsp each mixed spice and cinnamon
1 egg or egg substitute*
2 tbsp brandy
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 and grease a flat baking sheet.
- Rub the fat into the flour.
- Stir in the dry ingredients followed by the wet ingredient.
- Roll out to 75mm and cut to shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Tip: You can make these biscuits suit any occasion by changing the cutter shape.
*To make an egg substitute, mix 1 tbsp flax + 3tbsp water or 1 tbsp soya flour + 2 tbsp water. This equals 1 egg. Alternatively, you can use a branded egg replacer off the shelf.