Why not start the weekend with some baking – Loafs are quick and easy to make. You can easily change this recipe by swapping dates for another dried fruit depending on your own tastes and what you have in your store cupboard at the time.
100g each of self-raising flower, margarine, light brown sugar
- Grease and line a loaf tin. Preheat oven to 180c / gas mark 4.
- Snip the dates into small pieces. Add them to the mixing bowl.
- Grate the rind of the orange and add this to the mixing bowl also.
- Sift the flour, add the margarine, sugar and eggs.
- Beat the mixture firmly with a wooden spoon until it is light and fluffy.
- Bake the loaf for about 40 mins or until it is risen and golden.