If the weather allows, this cake is ideal for a picnic in the park.
200g ground almonds
1/2 tsp baking powder
zest 2 lemons
* You can use coconut palm sugar as an alternative.
** To make an egg substitute, mix 1 tbsp flax + 3tbsp water or 1 tbsp soya flour + 2 tbsp water. This equals 1 egg. Alternatively, you can use a branded egg replacer off the shelf.
- Grease a 9″ baking tin. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4.
- Cream together the sugar and the margarine.
- Add the eggs mixing well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients a little a time making sure it is mixed well.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Glaze with the juice of 2 lemons if desired.